Monday, December 29, 2008

The lord is my shepherd

The lord is my Shepperd,a fierce guardian who watches over me with a relentless eye.
He fills all of my needs and desires so that I am in want of nothing.
He makes me to lie in green pastures--a fertile land of abundance.
He leads me beside still and quiet streams of life-giving water.
He restores my life to full vitality.
He guides me in the path of righteousness for his name's sake alone and not by my own merits.
Even if I'm walking in the midst of death's domain,I will fear no evil,for I know that the lord is with me. The rod of his wrath and the staff of his power brings me comfort.

He prepares a table for me of the choicest portions of his bounty right in the presence of my enemies. They look on in humiliation as I feast upon his blessings.

He covers my head with his burden-removing,yoke-destroying power and my prosperity flows from me in a shower of abundance.

His love and his mercy cling to me all the days of my life and he calls me his own forever more.