Friday, December 26, 2008

"Life must be lived forward, but it can only be understood backward."

"Life must be lived forward, but it can only be understood backward." Soren Kierkegaard



"With the wisdom of hindsight."


My interpretation of this quote means, we only truly know about ourselves,by reflecting, and, examining our past mistakes. It's only when we examine our past at hindsight, that we can determine our next move. Sometimes we have to live our lives, looking back at our past occurrences to predict our future. I'm one,who does not believe in living our lives with regrets,I believe we must go through all our painful regrettable mistakes to determine our future,to learn things the hard way,or, to pay Karmic debts, needed to be paid. I'm a strong believer in karma. I honestly cannot say,I have many regrets,because I see now,at hindsight,the reason why everything happened to me. As the saying goes,everything happens for a reason.